I ♥ CHOCOLATE-COVERED POTATO CHIPS
One of my favourite flavour pairings is salty & sweet, like:
- Chocolate-covered pretzels, like these
- Sticky granola bars with sweet honey and salty nuts, like these
- Dark chocolate sprinkled with fleur-de-sel (sea-salt), refresher here
- Himalayan pink-salt caramels, like these
- Salted caramel ice-cream or gelato, like this (my favourite)
- Chili-salt speckled fresh mango, like these
- Dried mango with chili salt, like this
- Watermelon-Feta salad, like this
- Lime or watermelon or strawberry margaritas with salt-rim, like this
- Chicago-style popcorn (cheddar & caramel), like this
- Sweet and salty kettlecorn popcorn, like this
And now…ohmygod…now I’ve found…
…chocolate-covered potato chips !!!
Oh.my.word. Soooo delicious. The ultimate salty-sweet combo.
GET SOME NOW
I did hear that Lay’s have chocolate-covered wavy-potato chips available during the winter holiday season at Target, but not in Canada (why not!?!). They also sell them at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory here (but only the USA stores). *le sigh*. So I’ve only ever tried Asher’s Milk Chocolate Smothered Potato Chips (loooove the “smothered” part). I don’t even think they sell them in Canada either. Nooooooooo….
Does this mean I have to go to the US every couple of months just to satisfy my chocolate-potato-chip obsession? Heartbreaking. Ah, but the currency exchange is a pain and all that gas. But I am obsessed.
Why? Well, come now, it’s the smooth sweet milk-chocolate and the salty thick rippled potato chip hiding underneath to give a slight crunch after your tastebuds hit the creamy chocolate. Then together the flavours meld into your mouth like ambrosia of the gods. OoooooooOOOOOOoooh yum.
Well, in the meantime, I could always whip up these make-do chocolate-covered potato chips from the food blog, Spoon Fork Bacon (HERE).