TGIF | HAPPY WEEKEND!
Can you kick it? Yes, you can. Why? It’s Friday! Today’s drive home requires feel-good music to kick off the weekend. Head-bobbing to the beats. Yeeeeesss.
The TGIF playlist for the drive home is below, and you can tell I’m feeling clubmix beats and hip hop, and some random things in there too (RIP Whitney).
Includes the best.track.ever right now — “Meltdown” where you’ll hear Stromae’s signature style (the piano! — samples a lot of “Merci“), Lorde’s smoky vocals, Haim’s haunting voices and, helloooo, a rap rift from Q-Tip. Shut up. So, so good. It’s from the Hunger Games: Mockingjay soundtrack, FYI.
Happy weekend everyone!
This is how I’ll be driving home from work today — all happy like this — because it’s Fri-YAY. Oh yes, it’s a looooong weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
The perfect song for my happy driving? Ice Cube’s “It Was A Good Day” (listen HERE). Am I right?
ON THE SCHED
* Some crazy-ass storm that brought typhoons to Japan has now moved across the Pacific and will supposedly dump its glory on my city.
* Thanksgiving dinner and good times with my awesome family. Food. Love. Family. xo
* 8:00 am Moksha hot yoga to calm my mind and centre myself on Saturday.
* Sleeping-in on Sunday and Monday (long weekend!).
* Netflix addiction.
* Friend’s bridal shower…and — surprise! — she’s flown specifically all the way from T-Dot. Well, almost…she’s visiting her family for Thanksgiving, too.
* Plan trip to Morocco (winter break? spring break?). All flights from my city have a stopover in either Amsterdam (if KLM), Paris (if Air France) or Madrid (Iberia)….so planning will include a few extra days strolling around in one of these cities. But let’s go back to Morocco — Marrakech, Chefchaouen, Casablanca, Fez, Atlas Mountains, tagine (!), mint tea, Essaoira, argan oil, makouda…*Moans* Will my rudimentary high-school French suffice? Omg, so sad that I was forced to learn French since Grade 4 (by the Government!) but it’s still so damn hard because the French actually speak so damn fast…But anyways, Morocco! Soo goood. Soo damn good.
Hope your schedule is filled with joy!